Rooted Healing from Patriarchy
Is a course rooted in transmuting the systemic toxins of patriarchy through inner source work, somatic awareness, and spiritual acuity.
Who is this course for?
This is a course also for those who want to disarm the cultural patriarchal toxin personally through self reflection and commitment to personal inner work in personal and community spaces through deeply embodied ritual and inner visioning. For those who are willing to commit to dismantling the effects of patriarchy through walking in an alignment organized around "a culture of love and mutuality." *
The mother-child relationship can be seen as the first relationship violated by patriarchy.” —Adrienne Rich
So much of what is happening in the world around us can be tracked down through an initial cultural wound of the emergence of patriarchal systems. What is known as the mother wound grows itself as a product of the patriarchal systems that have existed for the past 5000 years. In these environments, there is a felt knowing of unequal distribution of authority, men are in power, women and children are subordinates. Through this, the very source of how we are brought into the world, our Ancestral Mothers, were systemically stripped of all majesty. Enslaved, related to property, a common marketplace status, this wound left with it a legacy of the emergence of other cultural wounds: war, poverty, caste systems, racism, sexism, and earth disconnection. As patriarchy became institutionalized it relegated those who do not hold power to end fighting amongst themselves, and attempting to reclaim their power through their children as our ancestral mothers struggled to find some balance of the sovereignty they once knew. Here we find the Mother Wound.
Transforming and transmuting patriarchy allows us to liberate the entanglements with our mother wound in order to fully self-actualize our soul’s evolution.
What we will do:
- Explore what patriarchy is, how it manifests and the ways patriarchy has created felt burdens in personal experiences, in present life, and on ancestral lineages.
- Develop a personal relationship with a matrilineal spirit helper, an eternal child, and also an elevated blood lineage ancestor. These guides inform the processes of retrieving vital soul essence and transmuting the burdens of patriarchy into a source of empowerment and sovereignty.
- Hold space for transmuting the cultural toxins of patriarchy through somatic awareness and through ritual practices.
- Receive initiation/attunement/empowerments for personal healing and re-connection through embodied ritual.
- Journey as a collective to perform a larger world healing around the cultural wounds of patriarchy.
When will it begin?
The course starts on Sunday, July 21st, 2019 with the first lesson released and a Zoom call at 4pm, and ends Sunday, October 6th, 2019 with the last community call.
The ancestors always remind us of these sacred lines telling us that we are not separated from them and they follow us wherever we go:
“Putting on the clothes of clouds, drinking the ambrosia of air, crossing the bridge of fire, we will follow, wherever you go”. ~ Bhola Banstola
What you will discover in the course
There are 12 pre-recorded lessons, released each week on Sunday afternoons 5:00pm EST. Each lesson is self-directed, consists of a pre-recorded video which will have shared wisdoms and a guided practice. Also in the lesson will be journaling prompts and additional reading resources for deepening your understanding.
There are four live hour and a half Zoom meetups where we will gather as a community. The first one is on June 9th at 4pm and subsequent ones will fall on the last Sunday of the month at 4pm June, July and August. In this space we will gather for deeper connection to the work at hand, leave spaciousness for questions and drop into ritual space to further the work as a community.
You'll be woven in to the course through one on one mentoring with Shannon creating a unique experience as you move through the course content.
We'll have dedicated space for any questions that arise as you delve into the work and if relevant and agreed to share with the group, they will be made anonymous, compiled and shared as a resource for garnering collective wisdom. Additionally a private Facebook page will be created for group support relevant to course content.
The course content will include:
Lesson 1 ~ Foundations of Patriarchal Wounding
- Uprooting: Patriarchy from historical perspective
- Personal and cultural implications
- Ritual embodiment strategies for healthy containment and release
Lesson 2 ~ Personal Relationship to Patriarchy
- Archetypal & attachment styles and expressions of patriarchy
- Partnering with a Spirit ally for rooted healing
- Ritual for grounding, clearing and protection
Lesson 3 ~ Unraveling Patriarchal and Personal Bias
- Discerning historical loss and defining grief passages
- Exploring cultural and personal obstacles to healing
- Ritual for transformation and titrating felt harms.
Lesson 4 ~Wounded Healer: Meeting Your Eternal Child
- Navigating your inner child
- Sourcing wounded scripts and dismantling outdated strategies
- Ritual of reclaiming Sacred Mother
Lesson 5 ~ Ritual Skills for Personal healing
- Foundations of sovereignty
- Creating balance through honoring current pathways
- Ritual for returning sovereignty
Lesson 6 ~ Understanding Your Unique Ancestral Narrative
- Foundations of ancestral practice addressing cultural and intergenerational harms in relation to patriarchy.
- Inventory of perceived/felt known patterns of your people
- Ritual for ancestral connection to a elevated blood lineage ancestor
Lesson 7 ~ Rooted Healing: Reclaiming Ancestral Practices
- Reclaiming practices of sovereignty and matrilineal wisdoms through ancestral mentorship
- Understanding narratives/nature of patriarchal burdens and their impact on your ancestors
- Ritual to repair personal & ancestral cultural harms
Lesson 9 ~ Holding Sacred Grief
- Discerning personal and sourced ancestral grief
- Somatic processing of internalized ancestral/personal traumas
- Navigating grief through ritual embodiment and ancestral support
- Ritual for witnessing and honoring sacred grief
Lesson 10 ~ Forgiveness as Ritual
- Foundations of forgiveness
- Restorative and ritual considerations
- Forgiveness Ritual
Lesson 11 ~ Towards Cultural Healing
- Defining your role in the larger collective healing
- Safety considerations - calibrating somatic awareness
- Ritual for extending blessings for personal and collective healing
Lesson 12 ~ Emanation
- Vision of Restoration
- Somatic embodiment of newly claimed/informed principles
- Consecrating holy belonging
Details of the Offering
This current offering is available for up to 25 participants.
Cost is $350USD with options for monthly payments/reductions available.
What you will receive:
- Instructional course videos (20-30 min per lesson)
- 4 Zoom calls: One intro and then one per month (last Sunday of the month)
- 3 personal mentoring sessions (once per month, scheduled at your convenience)
- Private Facebook forum to engage in dialogue with course participants
- Q&A Forum
- Accompanying readings and course content
Shannon is dedicated to helping others explore the inner landscapes in life, in re-establishing balance and personal sovereignty, strengthening relationships within the great web of relations seen and unseen. All offerings are in service to reclaiming the ancient ways of animistic, earth honoring purpose, living with fully embodied joy for the well-being of the world.
For over 25 + years she has committed her work to addressing the deep wounding of the feminine through social justice advocacy related to intimate partner violence, diversity, and the oppression of marginalized populations. She has a Masters degree in Professional Leadership and Counseling with a focus in Jungian and Gestalt modalities and uses this training to support folks in honing their inner capabilities through connection with intuitive and spiritual resources as a means to shift through imbalances, embody deeper wisdom and earth-honoring purpose. Discover more here.
She is a teacher and practitioner with Ancestral Medicine; and a founder of Heart Path Studio, a non-profit organization in Athens, GA which aims to create a new folk culture of relating with the unseen world through the convergence of animistic and shamanic principles.
Her ancestors hail from the British Isles, France, and Cherokee and Kaskaskia/Ilini nations. Committed to collective healing, She holds grounded, empathic, heart-centered ritual space which supports presence, trust, and community rooted in the ancient ways of healing as service to the Earth.